Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 17-23

MOMMY

This week started off with Sunday afternoon spent timing contractions. Oh boy.... For about four and a half hours they were anywhere from 6-14 minutes apart but not consistent and not really painful. At 7pm Dave told me that if I had one more he was going to make me call the doctor. I didn't have another one after that. This was all kind of scarry to me. Is it? Isn't it? What should I do? Was I ready? Praise the Lord they stopped.

Monday I went in for my NST and ultrasound fluid check. The NST went good Nathan was moving the whole time. After my NST I asked the lady helping me if she knew how long it took to get the results back from an amnio. She said that the lung maturity test took three hours and that the chromosome check would take 7-10 business days. Then she asked me when I was having it done. I told her next Monday to which she responded "we will probably get the results back the following Tuesday." So the third?!? I went into panic mode "WOW WE MAY HAVE SOMEWHAT OF A DATE." As I sat in the waiting room awiting to go into my ultrasound I text my husband and a couple of my friends to let them know what she had said. Everyone was doing their best to calm me down as I was trying not to cry because it is getting sooooo close. I was in a shock I guess you could say. I am excited to meet him but the unknown is what is getting to me.

Tuesday evening was my baby shower. It was a lot of fun. The opening devotional was very touching. The lady who spoke reminded me that I need to do whats best for my family and protect them. No matter what everyone else around us is saying Dave and I need to listen to what God is saying to us and follow Him. I felt very blessed after spending time with all these ladies who mean so much to our family and who I know are praying and thinking of us constantly.

Wednesday was our 7th Wedding Anniversary. I made a nice dinner at home and then Dave wanted to spoil the youth kids so we took ice cream and toppings. Yumm. We had a great day. It was nice to celebrate this milestone together with our kids.

Thursday had my weekly OB appointment. During this appointment she also decided to check for any progress. The first question she asked me was "how fast are your labor and delieveries?" I told her "first one was 6 hours pushing for 12 minutes and the second one was 13 hours pushing for 20 minutes but she was face up so thats why it took longer." Then she asked "when were they born compared to their due date?" My response "they were both a week early" Then she asked "how far are you from the hospital?" I said "5-10 minutes, is there something going on?" and she said well you could easily go into labor anytime." WHAT??? WOW!!! Talk about shock. We were thinking we had about another week and a half but now she said this... I might not make it to their estimated induction time period. She said that induction was still the plan unless he decides to come on his own earlier and that if that was the case we would deal with it when the time comes. I called Dave the second I walked out of the doctors office. The first thing he said was "are we going to be heading back down to the hospital tonight?" I told him I hoped not I want him to stay in there a little bit longer I have some things to do before he gets here haha. Thank you Lord that You have brought us this far on this journey that You have trusted our family with. Your will be done not mine. Amen.

Saturday we were planning on having a big BBQ at our house with some of our friends before everything gets crazy around here. However, our plans got changed. That morning I was having really bad swelling in my hands and feet after only being up for a short time period. In the afternoon I suddenly started not feeling well I tried to lay down and I began sweating and my stomach was in knots. I called the on-call OB and she said to go in and find out what was going on. So we packed a quick bag and headed downtown. Once down there they got me all checked in the determined that I had not progressed any. Then the Resident doctor says "you are having contractions 3-5 minutes apart" "I am? I'm not feeling anything." So they called my OB to fill her in on what was going on and she said that because I was not progressing and was not feeling the contractions to send me home. The doctor came in and said "your doctor told me to send you home but I'm going to give you a choice. Do you want to stay for a little while longer and be monitored to see if these contractions bring on anything or do you want to go home?" I chose to go home. By this time of the day the BBQ was cancelled. I am very thankful though that Nathan decided to stay in there a little bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment