Thursday, September 13, 2012

July 1-July 7

MOMMY

Sunday morning my mom and my grandma went to church with Dave and I and the kids and Dave's parents went to church with his sister. After church we all met up again for lunch at our house. That afternoon my grandma and Dave's dad left for home because they both had to work the next day. So the rest of us just hung out at the house relaxing. I sent a text to my friend saying "I feel bad that everyone is just sitting around staring at me waiting for a show or something" her reply "give them one, start moaning and rocking back and forth" HAHAHA. Probably not. That night Dave went to church with his mom and I stayed home and rested. He came home and his mom and sister AJ with them to spend the night. So we put Elisha to bed and Dave went to bed shrotly after so he could go to work for a couple hours the next day. Around 10:45pm I became really uncomfortable and my back began hurting really bad. I couldn't sit down or stand up without being in pain. I went back and woke Dave up and told him we better make a trip to the hospital just in case. His mom and sister made their way back to our house while my mom was here with Elisha and we made our way down. On the way I had a few strong contractions. While being checked into the triage the nurse said I still had not progressed but she could see I was having strong contractions and after knowing Nathaniel's condition she said she did not feel ok sending us home. So we got to do the dreaded walking starting around 11:30 she said come back in 45 min to check progress.

Monday morning 12:15 we get back to triage still no change but serious contractions. Go walk some more. 1:15 we come back by this point my contractions are 2 minutes apart and making me drop to my knees in the middle of the hallways. Still no change. 2:30 we are back and I finally made enough change for them to keep me. Now we are both exhausted and I am in a lot of pain. While admitting me to my room I can hardly hold still for them to run an IV because of the pain. During all of this I am praying like I have never prayed before that everything is going to go smoothly and that we are going to see a miracle of him being just fine when he gets here. I finally got my epidural around 4:30 ahhh relief. Because of the long night we just had (been awake for almost  24 hours now) they told me to get some rest. At 5:30 the doctor was in (not the Dr. I wanted to be there but I didn't really have a choice at that point.) At 6:30 he decided I was ready to go broke my water and told me to start pushing. Right then I looked at Dave standing on my left and all I could say to him was "Honey I'm scared!" He held my hand and prayed for me. After 20 minutes of pushing and running out of epidural Nathaniel Ethan was born at 6:50am on July 2. I started crying when he did something the doctors said he would not do when he was born and that was let out the most beautiful cry that has ever reached my ears. I remember just looking at Dave and saying "HE CRIED HE CRIED THEY SAID HE WOULDN'T BUT HE DID!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment